The Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations present
LAW FOR PUBLIC OFFICIALS
Friday, January 11, 2013
8:30 am Registration - 9:00 am to 12:15 Program
St. Pete College EpiCenter
13805 58th St. N., Clearwater, FL
This seminar will acquaint public officials, whether elected, appointed or employed, with the requirements of local, state and federal laws and court decisions pertaining to their duties. Officials and staff will benefit by learning about updates to rules and regulations governing public employees. Participants will receive a reference manual and certificate of attendance. The program also serves as an update for lawyers representing government entities.
3.5 CLE credits, including 2.0 Ethics credit, and certification credit applied for.
- 8:30-8:55 AM - Registration
- 8:55–9:00 AM - Welcome & Introductions - Seminar Co-Chairs: Jason Ester, Esq., Pinellas County Attorney's Office; Jeannine Williams, Esq., St. Petersburg City Attorney's Office; Nicole Nate, Esq., Bryant Miller Olive, P.A., Tampa
- 9:00–9:50 AM - Gift Law & Public Ethics - John G. Hubbard, Esq., Frazer, Hubbard, Brandt, Trask, Yacavone, Metz & Daigneault, LLP, Dunedin
- 9:50-10:40 AM - Sunshine Law, Public Records & Public Meetings - Susan H. Churuti, Esq., Bryant Miller Olive, P.A., Tampa
- 10:40-10:50 AM - Morning Break
- 10:50–11:35 AM - Procurement Law - Alan Zimmet, Esq., Bryant Miller Olive, P.A., Tampa
- 11:35 AM–12:15 PM - Employment Law for Public Officials - Erin G. Jackson, Esq., Thompson, Sizemore, Gonzalez & Hearing, P.A., Tampa
- Wrap Up & Adjourn - Mr. Ester & Ms. Williams
• Advance registration, $75.00 per person (Registration at the door, add $25, per registrant)
• 10-19 registrants from same municipality, $65 per person
• 20+ from same municipality, $50 per person
CLICK HERE to download a registration form. Please send all payments by check to the Clearwater Bar Association. Register with the Clearwater Bar online at www.clearwaterbar.org on the calendar. Credit card payments at the Clearwater Bar cannot be accepted by fax, phone or mail to comply with PCI regulations. Questions? Contact the Clearwater Bar at 727-461-4869.