The mission of the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation
is to fund, develop and promote efforts which enhance
the legal profession and encourage better public
understanding of and access to the judicial system.
Established in 2002, the St. Petersburg Bar Foundation is an independent non-profit organization committed to improving the administration of justice. The Foundation will accomplish its mission primarily through funding of projects which:
- Foster programs of law-related education;
- Encourage and promote legal assistance to the poor;
- Support and promote programs and projects having as their purpose the improvement of the administration of justice and the dissemination of information to the general public so as to promote a better understanding of the judicial system;
- Award grants for scholarships and fellowships for persons and purposes related to the improvement of the legal profession;
- Support continuing education programs;
- Support the creation of a legal information center for the general public
The Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, encourages charitable gifts from individuals, foundations, law firms and corporations. Major gifts, planned gifts and annual donations are also welcome in support of the Foundation's mission and special projects.
Contact Executive Director, Chandra Tracy, for more information 727-498-1864
These scholarships are given annually at the Law Day Luncheon. CLICK HERE FOR THE LINK on the St. Pete Bar Foundation website for the scholarships below:
• JUDGE FRANK H. WHITE DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHP
For a Minority Student at Stetson University College of Law
The Judge Frank H. White Diversity Scholarship is the largest single annual scholarship ($2,500.00) given to a minority student at Stetson University College of Law. The scholarship was created in 2001 by the St Petersburg Bar Association and is funded through the generous donations of our members.
• JUDGE PAUL H. RONEY ESSAY AWARD
A Scholarship for High School Seniors
The St. Petersburg Bar Foundation awards the Judge Paul H. Roney Essay Award to a high school senior student attending a Pinellas County Public or Private or Home School program.